Although this information has been announced to our students multiple times over the last few weeks, I wanted to make sure that our parents are in the loop. Tomorrow evening is our Spring Concert at 7:00PM in the Mabry Arts Center. Here are some quick bullet point reminders about tomorrow evening.
- Students are required to either stay after school to help set-up for the concert or stay after the concert to help clean-up after the concert.
- Official report time is 6:15PM.
- Symphonic Band students will report to the stage to warm-up with Mr. Robichaux.
- Wind Ensemble students will report to the auditorium to warm-up with Mr. Carr.
- Students should wear their formal concert attire to the concert.
- We will kick off our Annual Band Barbecue Sale at the concert.
- Concert starts at 7:00PM and should be roughly an hour long.
Our boosters will have a table set-up at the Mabry Arts Center to greet you as you arrive for the concert and will be distributing Band Barbecue Sales Packets. Our goal is for each student to sell 30 single plates and 5 double plates. Each packet will have enough tickets for our students to reach our goal. We are fortunate that we do not host many fundraisers which require our students to sell items and our community looks forward to this event every year. Please be very active in asking community members to continue their fantastic support of our band program. It is through this support that we are able to provide so well for all of our students in the band at Carrollton High School.
This concert will be one that you will not want to miss. The students have prepared a very lively and fun concert in only 2.5 short weeks!!! We began the music on the Monday following LGPE and wanted to perform this music for you before Spring Break. I am certain that you will leave in a better mood and excited about the progress that your child continues to exhibit in our band program. I know that I am extremely proud of our students because they continue to amaze me on a daily basis. Tomorrow is going to be so much fun!
Traditionally, the “Spring Concert” has been also a time for awards. We have planned a few special recognitions for tomorrow evening, but plan on keeping the concert close to an hour. We will save most of our recognitions for our Band Banquet scheduled for April 30. This ceremony will conclude with the viewing of our Year In Review documentary that can be purchased here. This will be a great capstone to a wonderful year, that you will not want to miss.
I look forward to seeing you tomorrow evening!
Categories: CHS Band