As we get ready for our big day at McEachern today, we just wanted to offer a few quick reminders.
- Students are to report at 11:45am in their red show shirts.
- The band room parking area is already blocked off so you will need to drop your students off in the Grisham Stadium visitor parking area, which is bound to be a mad house again this week due to other activities happening on campus, i.e. Track Meet, recreation games etc., so you may want to leave a little earlier to allow yourself time to navigate expected traffic. Mr. Carr is expecting the students to be on the practice field ready to go 12:00pm sharp, so plan accordingly and don’t be late.
- The students will be fed by the Band Boosters around 3:00pm before loading the buses, but they will be eating supper from the concessions area at the competition, so please make sure to send money with your student for this meal.
- It is hard to predict our return time for student pick-up, we are estimating 11:30pm, so please watch for our Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates on more precise departure and arrival times.
- Lastly, encourage/praise your students this morning as your drop them off. They have worked extremely hard this season building up to this moment and they need our love, support and encouragement so they can go out there and do what they!
Thank you to everyone who has supported the program this year so far…. no let’s go show the people at McEachern how it’s done. Let’s do this!
CHS Band Staff and Boosters
Hear me now and believe me later…
- We had a great All-In-One Turn-In night last evening. Thank you everyone who participated in the fundraiser and put forth great effort to support our band. Your efforts will make a difference. Just in case you forgot to stop by last night or if you you had few more last minutes sales you wanted to try and make, we can accept late orders up till this coming Thursday, Oct. 30, 2014. Just send the completed order forms and money in to Mrs. Dothard at the CHS Band Room ASAP in a clearly marked and sealed envelope. If you have any last minute questions about the All-In-One Sale, please let us know. email@example.com.
- Volunteers are still need for this weekend. So far this year we have enjoyed phenomenal support from our parents and we still need your help, now more than ever. We will be performing our competition show after the game tonight and then will participate in our final competition of the year Saturday at McEachern High School and we still have many slots unfilled on our volunteer sign-up sheets. If you were thinking about taking the weekend off… or letting someone else do it this week… they haven’t signed up yet either 🙂 so please… we need you! Take a minute to review the sign-ups sheets and see how you can lend a hand and ensure that we help prepare and set-up our students for success this weekend. Everyone has worked so hard this year for this moment, so let’s make it count and make some memories on the way. Volunteer now!
So be like Hanz & Franz… and get PUMPED UP for our amazing CHS Trojan Band!!!
If you ever have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact any of the Band Staff or Band Booster Officers or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you all for your continued support.
CHS Band Booster Officers
In addition to our normal practice schedule on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday we have the All-in-One Sale wrapping up on Thursday, many Homecoming festivities on Friday (Pep-rally, parade, and game), and our final competition on Saturday! It is going to be a very busy week, but I am sure that together we can make it a week to remember. I think the students will have a lot of fun this week as they get to dress up at school with the following themes: American Monday, Toga Tuesday, Wacky Tacky Wednesday, Character Thursday, and Spirit Friday. Below are the itineraries for Friday and Saturday.
Tuesday: Winterguard Meeting
Thursday: All-In-One Turn-In Night
- 6:00pm – 9:00pm in the band room
Friday: Homecoming Game vs. Troup County High School
- 6:00pm – Students report in uniform to prepare for pre game.
- 7:00pm – Normal Pre game performance
- 7:30pm – Kick – Off
- Half-time – Performance of Homecoming music
- Approx. 10:30pm – Post Game Performance of our competition show
Saturday: Competition at McEachern High School • 2400 New MacLand Rd. • Powder Springs, GA 30127
Click here to download a competition schedule
- 11:45am – Students Report
- 12:00pm – Students Ready for Practice (In bibbers and show shirts)
- 2:30pm – Load Truck
- 3:00pm – Eat – meal provided by Band Boosters *** Students should bring some money for concessions later in the evening
- 4:00pm – Depart for McEachern High School
- 5:30pm – Arrive at McEachern High School
- 6:30pm – Warm-up
- 7:35pm – Award Winning Competition Performance
- 10:00pm* – Depart for Carrollton High School
- 11:30pm* – Student Pick-up at CHS Band Room
(*approx. times, watch Facebook, Twitter & text messages for updates on more precise departure and arrival times)
Here is to another fantastic week of hardworking students and supportive parents! I appreciate the great effort that is provided by everyone involved. Let’s do this and finish strong!
Band parent and students, the presidents of the Carrollton Trojan Band Boosters…
Our fellow BAND PARENTS and STUDENTS,
We have just ONE WEEK to go with our ALL-IN-ONE SALE!! JUST ONE WEEK! Now is the time to dig in and sell to those last few people that you haven’t reached! We have only TWO big fundraisers per year so that we don’t have to “Nickel and Dime” people throughout the year. These fundraisers are our bread and butter to keep our BAND FEES LOW LOW LOW so that our BAND can GROW, GROW, GROW!!
The ALL-IN-ONE products practically sell themselves. I have spoken to several businesses in town who are DISAPPOINTED if someone doesn’t ask them to buy. We just need everyone to do their FAIR SHARE and it all works out. So, if you are selling, PUSH HARD this last week and if you haven’t started yet, THERE IS STILL TIME!! Just ask everyone that you know well enough to call them by their FIRST NAME to buy something from the ALL-IN-ONE, to (key word) SUPPORT the CHS TROJAN BAND and everything will be fine.
So…..SELL, SELL, SELL, RAH, RAH, RAH, GO, GO, GOOOOO and LET’S FINISH OUT STRONG!!!!
God bless you all for supporting YOUR STUDENT through our fundraising efforts.
GO TROJANS!! and GO TROJAN BAND!!!
Joe and Allison Driver
Band Booster Presidents