The BIG BAND BBQ will be THIS THURSDAY, MAY 1ST, and I just wanted to thank everyone who signed up to help and volunteer for this very important fundraiser. If you did not sign up, come on anyway, WE NEED YOU!!
We are going to be making 3,000 sandwiches….THREE THOUSAND SANDWICHES!! That is a lot of BBQ and we need all hands on deck to make it happen in a timely fashion. While making THREE THOUSAND SANDWICHES we are going to be having so much fun getting to visit and fellowship and just having an all around good time! You may feel guilty if you don’t come and help out, but I GUARANTEE you won’t feel guilty if you DO 🙂
- The Buns and BBQ are going to be delivered between 8:30 and 9:00 am. We need 12-15 people to help with the assembly lines and the general setting up of our BBQ “shop”.
- We have SEVERAL deliveries to be made. (some of them quite large–For example: 188 meals to the Elementary school at 11 am.) Therefore, we need several folks willing to step out and take a delivery if necessary. Gas er’ up and be ready to roll!
- Did I mention that we are making 3,000 Sandwiches?!!!
This is SUCH a fun time! You will have a great time, sell a lot of BBQ, and maybe even make a few new friends. And don’t forget– all of these effort helps our children to be a part of the Carrollton Trojan Band, which as a result of few fundraisers like this one, maintain some of the lowest band fees around.
So…. Come on over to the BBQ on Thursday and let’s make some memories.
If you have any questions, please text (preferred) or call Joe Driver.
Your fellow BBQ consumer and producer,
Band Booster Vice-President
Attention Band Boosters: BBQ Sandwiches For Sale!
We had a great turn in on Thursday night but I wanted to challenge everyone to continue selling. We want to surpass last years sales and the only way to do that is sell, sell, sell. If you have not turned in your packet, please do so to Ms. Dothard this week. We are making final counts so we can get everything ordered and ready. Walk-up sales are available but we like to have a rough count prior to pick-up.
Also do not forget to volunteer for the BBQ pick-up day, May 1st. No experience necessary and the pay is double from last year. If you want to have a lot of laughs and help a lot of kids, then come out to join us. We will need help from around 8 that morning until around 7 that evening. Any times will be fine if you cannot stay the entire day.
We look forward to seeing everyone out on May 1st to help serve some BBQ.
Mr. Cater Releases Important Dates for the Remainder of School Year
The end of the school year at CHS promises to be a busy one for the band, so bookmark our NEW calendar page and stay informed!
Here is a list of what is coming up:
- Color Guard Auditions – April 21-25 (3:30-6pm) at Carrollton Middle School Gym
- Drum Major Auditions – April 23 (4-7pm) and May 5, 6, and 8 (3-6pm) at CHS Band Room
- Symphonic Band Rehearsal for winds/percussion – April 24 (3:00-5:30pm) and April 28 (3-6pm) at CHS Band Room
- Wind Ensemble Rehearsal for winds/percussion – April 22 and 25 (3-6pm) at CHS Band Room
- Band Barbecue Rehearsal for all marching band members/8th grade band – April 29 (3:15-5pm) at CHS Band Room
- Band Barbecue Performance – May 1 (6:00pm)
- Spring Band Concert/Awards Ceremony – May 2 (begins at 7pm) at Mabry Arts Center
- Band Prom – May 10 (7-10pm) at CHS Band Room
- Percussion Auditions – May 12, 13, 15, 16 (3:15-5:30pm) at CHS Band Room
- Section Leader Interviews – May 19 and 20 (2:45-5:30pm) at CHS Band Room
- Graduation – May 23 (call time at 7pm) upstairs in band room
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Cater at the CHS Band Office @ 770-834-0550
Please join us in welcoming Mr. Christopher M. Carr and his family to the CHS Trojan Band family.
Dr. Mark Albertus, principal of Carrollton High School, introduced Mr. Carr as the school’s new Band Director to parents and student who attended a special called meeting at the CHS Band Room tonight (4/15/14). Mr. Carr comes to us from South Paulding High School were he has been serving as Band Director since 2010.
Mr. Carr earned his Masters of Music Performance in Wind Band Conducting from Georgia State University and his Bachelor of Music Degree in Music Education and Clarinet Performance at the University of West Georgia.
Mr. Carr’s family includes his wife Lindsay Carr and their three children: Cadence, Colin, and Charlotte.
Don’t forget two important events this week.
Tuesday evening April 15th at 7:30, we have an important called booster meeting and would like to have as many of you there as possible. This meeting will last approximately 30-45 mins.
Then Thursday evening April 17th from 5-7pm is our BBQ Fundraiser Turn-In night at the CHS Band Room. Please push for as many sales as possible and remember to turn in your money collected and any unsold tickets. This is one of our biggest fundraisers of the year and we really need 100% participation.
Jeff and Nicole Jones